Is your Netgear WiFi router giving you a hard time by not connecting to internet? Well, you are not the only one frustrated by this issue. But you have landed on the right post anyway! Here, we will shed some light on do-follow troubleshooting tactics to fix the Netgear WiFi router not connecting to internet issue. Let’s get started.
What’s in the Post?
This post will prove a lot helpful if you are facing one of the following issues:
- Netgear router won’t connect to Internet
- Seeing red light on my Netgear router
- Connection issues with my wireless router
- Netgear router can’t connect to WiFi
- Recently lost my Internet connection, how do I get it back?
- Netgear router can’t detect my Internet connection
- Connected to WiFi router but it says no Internet
- Continuously getting the Netgear router no internet connection detected error
- Netgear Nighthawk router not connecting to Internet
- Netgear router not getting Internet
- No Internet after enabling Parental Controls on Netgear Genie
- Unable to access Internet on my Netgear Nighthawk router
Without further ado, let’s start!
How to Find Whether Your Netgear Router Won’t Connect to Internet?
In the event that you don’t want to waste your time with redundant troubleshooting tips, then first of all, you need to know and confirm the root cause of the Netgear router won’t connect to internet issue. And later, fix it in the right way. Here’s how to identify the Netgear WiFi router not connecting to internet issue:
- Able to connect to the router but can’t access the internet
- Routerlogin.net not working on any connected device
- The router showing no internet LED
- Power LED on Netgear router is red
In the event that you see one of the aforementioned symptoms in your Netgear router, it means that it is unable to connect to your internet connection. In order to fix it, you have to apply the below-highlighted troubleshooting tips in their exact given order.
Basic Troubleshooting Tactics
What below given are the basic troubleshooting tactics to fix the issue. There is no need to be tech-savvy while performing these tactics.
- Ensure that your Netgear WiFi router is getting proper power supply from the wall socket.
- Be 100% sure that all cable connections are finger-tight and precise.
- None of the used cables should be damaged or having cuts on them.
- The Power LED on your router must be solid green.
- There should be proper wired connections between your Netgear WiFi router, modem, and PC in terms of hardware.
- Access www.routerlogin.net setup web page and confirm whether your Netgear wireless router is properly configured.
- Outdated firmware version may also lead you to errors like Netgear WiFi router not connecting to internet.
If all the above-said things are in their place, try connecting your Netgear wireless router to internet. If not, continue to the advanced troubleshooting hacks mentioned underneath.
Advanced Troubleshooting Hacks
- Update your Netgear WiFi router’s firmware to the most recent version.
- Power cycle your Netgear router as well as the modem.
- There should be a clear line of sight between your modem and router.
- Keep in mind to place your Netgear wireless router away from WiFi roadblocks like Bluetooth speakers, cordless phones, baby monitors, microwaves, glasses, mirrors, and fish tanks, among others.
- Reconfigure your Netgear wireless router by vising the routerlogin.net admin panel.
- On the off chance if there is a static IP address, you need to configure your Netgear router with IP address and DNS address.
- On the other hand, if there is a dynamic IP address, hit the Smart Wizard button and confirm whether your Netgear router is receiving internet connection.
And with that step, we wrap up our guide to fix the Netgear WiFi router not connecting to internet issue. For more troubleshooting guides, stay tuned with us!