Economic stagnation has propelled the price of fuel upwards, causing distress to vehicle owners countrywide. Furthermore, the pandemic has made public transport unreliable as far as availability is concerned.
App cabs are not a viable alternative either because of surge fares caused by a steep decline in the supply of drivers. If you think of it, this brings us back to the exorbitant price of fuel. In these times, a fuel credit card can solve a lot of problems for the middle class. Best credit cards make sure that you get a fuel surcharge waiver with every purchase you make at the fuel stations. Applying for a credit card is a matter of choice, but a lot of factors cause you to back out from taking a decisive step. Questions like, “what is a credit limit?” make you leave it for another day. However, most questions regarding credit cards are easy to understand and answer. A credit limit, for instance, is the maximum amount of money you are allowed to spend on your card. If you can get your head around this one, surely you can get the hang of how credit cards work. Along similar lines, you can understand how you can save on fuel with a fuel credit card.
Best Fuel Credit Cards in India July 2021
We list some of the best fuel credit cards that help you save substantial amounts on your fuel in 2021.
- Bajaj Finserv RBL Bank SuperCard: This credit card has a number of benefits molded into one card. With this card, not only will you save on fuel, but also on other purchases. For instance, with the Platinum Plus SuperCard, you can save up to Rs. 100 on surcharge waivers per month. You can also use the card as a cash card or an EMI card to suit the type of transaction you need to make.
- BPCL SBI Credit Card OCTANE: This credit card offers you a 7.25% off on your fuel and lubricant purchases. This percentage is often expressed as 25x reward points redeemable as discounts on your next purchase at a BPCL fuel station. This percentage includes a 1% waiver on fuel surcharge.
- IndianOil Citi Platinum Credit Card: The IndianOil Citi Platinum credit card offers you Rs. 250 worth of free fuel upon your first purchase. With the rewards you earn, you can shop for groceries and other essentials. Furthermore, if you travel daily, you will save more using the already accumulated points earned every time you purchase fuel.
- IndianOil Axis Bank Credit card: Available at just Rs. 500 for a year, the card waives off the fee on the purchase of Rs. 4-5K worth of fuel every month. The card also offers accelerated benefits on purchases starting at Rs. 100 at fuel stations.
- HDFC Bharat Cashback Credit Card: The card costs Rs. 500 annually, but the fee can be waived off if your total expenditure crosses Rs. 20,000. You get an assured cashback on fuel surcharge on every fuel refill. This fuel credit card is for all occasions because you get a 5% cashback every time you purchase fuel, book railway tickets, pay bills or shop for groceries. Apart from this, there are also provisions to get insurance covers of up to Rs. 50 lakh!
- Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium Credit Card: With this fuel credit card, you are entitled to a 5% discount on your fuel purchases capped at Rs. 200 per month. This card falls in the premium category with a requirement of Rs. 55,000 as monthly income. However, this is not a bad deal if you think of it. The card allows you a loan amount of Rs. 7.5 lakh within a day, transferred to your bank account via NEFT!
If you are impressed with the impact of fuel credit cards on your savings, go for a resourceful card like the Bajaj Finserv RBL Bank SuperCard. Staying frugal is a must in these times, and a fuel credit card makes things easy for you.
Fuel credit cards are the best option in softening the blow of price hikes. The best fuel credit cards of 2021 include cards from RBL, SBI, Axis Bank, Standard Chartered Bank, and Citibank.