If your existing modem is not giving you the desired internet results, it is recommended that you perform Netgear router setup. Configuring a wireless router will give you the privilege of accessing a blazing-fast and lag-free internet connection in every nook and cranny of your home. Apart from this, you can also connect as many WiFi-enabled devices to the router’s network as you want without worrying about lacking internet speed.
Here, we have talked about two different methods through which you can perform Netgear router setup:
- Via Manual Method
- Using Netgear Genie App
Once you are done reading this article, you are free to implement any of these methods to set up your wireless device. Read on.
How to Perform Netgear Router Setup Using Different Methods?
- Netgear Router Setup Via Manual Method
Walk through the instructions mentioned below and learn how to perform Netgear router setup using the Manual method:
- Unbox your Netgear wireless router. Make sure that no part gets damaged.
- Plug the Netgear router into an electrical socket and power it on.
- Wait for the LED light to become green.
- Next, create a connection between your Netgear router and the existing modem using an Ethernet cable. You can also connect them wirelessly.
Note: If you use an Ethernet cable to connect your router and modem, then make sure that it is not worn out from anywhere.
- Once a stable connection between your devices has been established, switch on your PC.
- Launch an internet browser of your choice. Whatever web browser you launch, make sure that it is updated to the latest version.
- In the URL bar of the internet browser, type routerlogin.net.
Note: If routerlogin.net refuses to work in your favor, then you also have the option of using the default IP address to log in to your device.
- Press the Enter key.
- The Netgear router administrative page will pop up.
- When prompted, fill in the default username and password.
Note: Not so sure about the Netgear router default login credentials? Well, in that case, it is recommended that you refer to the user manual.
- Click Log In.
- Follow the on-screen instructions displayed on the routerlogin.net setup wizard.
By following these instructions, you will easily be able to perform Netgear router setup using the Manual method.
- Netgear Router Setup Using Genie App
If you want to perform Netgear router setup using your mobile device, then consider opting for the Genie app.
Follow the below-mentioned guidelines and get to know how to configure a Netgear wireless router using the Genie application:
- Unlock your mobile device. Make sure that it is thoroughly charged.
- Go to the Google Play Store or App Store.
- Search for the Netgear Genie app.
- From the displayed list of options, tap Genie App > Download.
- Once the Netgear Genie download gets completed, create a Netgear account using your email address and password.
Note: Do not perform any background activities while the Netgear Genie application is in the process of getting downloaded.
- Then, log in to your Netgear wireless router using the default login credentials.
- Tap Log In.
- Follow the on-screen prompts.
In this manner, you will be able to set up a Netgear router using the Netgear Genie app.
Our guide to perform Netgear router setup using the Manual method and Genie app has come to an end here. We hope that after following the troubleshooting tips mentioned above, you will easily be able to configure a wireless router in your home.
Note: Consider performing Netgear WiFi extender setup if even after installing a router your internet needs don’t get satisfied.